Tuesday 26 April 2011

Leg Joint's finished ( I think! )

I have been doing a lot more work on the knee joint's. I discarded the ones from the other day as I was not happy with the way that they hung when the puppet was held in the air. They wobbled and did not sit flush with the thigh. I think that i have now made 6 or 7 sets of legs (including the prototypes). I am now happy with how they look.
 
Today i have been working on the costume design and went to get the beads for the dress bodice. They are beautiful Swarovski crystals in coral hues. I think that collecting the bead and seeing how lovely they are made up my mind to re-cut the the legs, I want her to be a perfect as possible.
 
Also I have worked more on the hair. I have been playing with ideas and have decided that to get the best and most professional finish, I will weave the hair into weft.
I will then stitch it to the wig base. I'm going to blog about the process, but will turn it into a how-to tutorial once i have all the pics and info together.
 
Off work again tomorrow so my plan is to get the feet  and arm's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment