Friday 17 June 2011

Puppet Carving Course: Last day :0(

Today has been my last day on the wonderful puppet carving course, by John Roberts.
 
We spent this morning finishing and prepping the joints for fixing,  this afternoon. We had a look at my little one arms, the joint we had original plan were just not going to fit, as she is so small. We had a re-thing and decided that strung joints instead of leather would work the best. The sad thing is you have to glue the string into the body and the glue takes 24 hour to dry so unfortunately she is arm less until tomorrow.
 
I did manage to get all her components finished and she is fitted together with wire pins until I completely finish her and then I can permanently fix all the joints of which she has 15.
 
Its strange my little one, who is still unnamed, has grown over the week. She started off on Monday morning with a pencil drawing and as the days have gone on, little bits of her have been carved and placed on top of the sketch. It was not until today, when the head joined her body that she really came to life.
 
Her arms will be add over the weekend and I will blog with the finished pics.I have had a very enjoyable week. the course was run amazingly well, the tutor was brilliant, incredible attentive and very knowledgeable, all of my fellow class mates were great fun to be with especially as we were together for 13 hours a day for the whole week and the B&B that i referred to earlier on this weeks, is actually my parents in laws house. They have been wonderful hosts letting me treat there house like a hotel and taking me back and forth to collage, I would not been able to go on the course without them  I feel like a very lucky girl having married into their family. So thank you M & D . xx

No comments:

Post a Comment