Sunday 15 May 2011

All finished!

So her she is all finished and on the carnival float by 11.30, and the float that we were on won first prize in it category
She sat on the edge of the boat (float) waving at the people. It was the first time that I have ever really shown off anything that I have made to anyone other than close family and friends but I have had such nice comments and it was so nice to see little children looking at her and smiling.
The dress is just a tempery one. It’s not as well finished as I want it to be, I did cut the timing a bit fine, but I’m sure that was half the fun when making her. I will use the same dress pattern, but add lots of embellishment. It does need to be fit for a sea nymph after all.
I love the colour of the fabric that I chose but it’s a little bit stiff and does not drape very well. I’m going to look for some new fabric next week, or I may dye some silk and put chiffon over it with lots of lovely beads.
I’m kind of sad that she is finished. I feel a little bit lost today. For the last few weeks, I haven’t once sat down and not thought about her in some way.
I do have lots of ideas for what to make next. So I will keep the blog up to date.
Thank you for following me on this project. I could not have made her without the help and support from my husband who has been my sounding board and a much needed second pair of hands. Thank you. XX


No comments:

Post a Comment