Thursday 26 May 2011

New Idea's

It has been a little while since I blogged. After the excitement of making the puppet for the carnival, I needed a few days rest from carving, but my brain would not stop working and  I have been busy filling my sketch book with idea's and new project's. 
 
These picture are of a doll I started last year, I first sketched her in Japan, this time last year when I was inspired by an exhibition of dolls at the "National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo" there was an amazing doll made of cloth by Kazuyo Oshima.
 
The drawing sat he in my sketch book for a good few months, then just before New Years I cut out the body, that then just sat on my desk for a few more months, then finally I started the rest of her. I carved her face back in February and she has been sitting watching me as I made puppet. Her face just was not right. I fiddled with it a bit but could not get it to look like my original idea.
 
So today I have sanded her back so that I can start carving her feature's in again. Her face was very flat and square so I have rounded her off. I will work on her more over the coming days and keep the blog up to date. x

No comments:

Post a Comment