Sunday 8 May 2011

Weekends work!

I don't seem to have many pictures of the work I have done over the weekend. A lot of the it has been in sanding the puppet smooth, so I am able to seal her and paint her in the next day or so. She does now have ears, they are small, cute and pixie like. They are smaller than I planned, but when I had originally cut out the head on the bandsaw, I had cut slightly to far in, so when it came to cutting the ears I had to take more off, so the cut did not show.
The central picture, is the hair that i have dyes, it's Shetland fleece and has a lovely curl and very long strands which are perfect for the style i have in mind. I mixed green and blue acid dyes to achieve the colour, its greener in real life,the picture seem to show it looking quite blue, The test paint sample I had chosen is to much of a tropical blue, than i hand in mind, so I have some sage green to mix with it. I think this will tone the colour down a little bit.
The hands and feet are now carved and I'm surprisingly happy with them. I have tried to carve the hands so that the feel comfortable to hold and to shake, Her left hand has a really sweet feeling when you shake it. They still need the fingers and toes carved in, but I,m leaving the fine detail carving until I have smoothed everything off.
I have worked out the head joint and will attach it tomorrow. I will also seal her and paint the joints, I'm leaving the body painting until I have attached all her limb's, I hope this will stop her getting scratched when i put the pins in for the joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment