Sunday 1 May 2011

Arms.

Today I have made the arms. She has jointed elbow and wrists, I have made these in the same way that I constructed the legs using slot and tongue joints, practice defiantly makes perfect with these. I did not have to re-cut any of the arm pieces, unlike when i made the legs.
This type of puppet is know as a marionette-porte (translated as carried marionette). This particular puppet will be operated by a single person, one hand will operate the head mechanism and the other will operate one of the arms, because she is for a carnival float, I want her to be able to wave at people, and her head will move so it will be able to gesture.Once she is finished I will position and insert the rods.
I have also designed and cut out her today. I have sanded all the rough bits off and am get the right sort of shape to start carving tomorrow. 
But.... still no name!

No comments:

Post a Comment