Friday 13 May 2011

Just one day to go.

Just one day left now. I'm pretty sure that we are on target. It may mean a late night tonight but no matter what she will be on the float waving at people for 11.30am.
 She now is fully pained and has, had her first coat of vanish this morning. I have left it to dry and will sand and re-vanish her as soon as I get home. She will be dry in a couple of hours so I can add her hair.
 When i was painting her last night I l thought that they she just looked a bit flat, I had some gold paint that i purchased from a trade show, it’s like gold leaf in a tube and i have rubbed a small amount of that onto her. I don’t think you can see it in these pictures but it has really given her the depth she needed. I have carried on the gold theme on to her face using it like a highlighter.
 I have chosen a satin finish varnish as I like the way that it reflects the light, matt really would not have worked on her as she is meant to be a Sea nymph, but I did not want her to have a wet look so gloss was not right either.
 I am still quite pleased with her. It will take me a while to really know how I feel about the things I make, I find that because I spend such an intense amount of time on a project, I end up with tunnel vision. I have often made something and really not liked it at all, so put it in a cupboard, only to bring it out a few months later and think, "Oh, it was not really as bad as I though".

No comments:

Post a Comment